Let’s make every journey enjoyable, together
We believe that every journey should be as comfortable as possible. We’ve compiled this guide over years of customer feedback, and ask every passenger to respect these suggestions. If you have anything to add, feel free to contact us.
- Smoking is not permitted on any Centaur vehicle at any time.
- Passengers who wish to sleep must ensure they do not obstruct any spare seats by storing belongings on them or by sleeping in the aisle seat next to an empty window seat.
- Please keep the use of mobile phones to a minimum. Telephone conversations should be conducted quietly, and phones put on silent / vibrate mode so as not to disturb other passengers.
- Please try to keep conversation to a respectable level so as not to disturb those who may wish to sleep on board.
- For the comfort of everyone on board the coach, passengers are asked to refrain from consuming food or drink with a pungent smell.
- When using the recline function on your seat, please be considerate, and ensure you are not impeding the comfort of the passenger behind you.
- To ensure your journey is as quick as possible please help us make boarding speedy by having your ticket ready to present to the driver. Please hand tear-and-stub style tickets to the driver and clearly present plastic card tickets so that expiry dates are easy to view.
- Whenever possible, please buy tickets at least 3 days in advance of your journey. Although you can board the coach with proof of purchase, the driver may need more time to check the validity of your purchase, and even make a phone call. This could cause delays to the journey.
- Passengers should not distract the driver while the vehicle is in motion and should keep conversations with the driver to a minimum. Your driver is responsible for the safety of all those on board the vehicle and must be allowed to concentrate on the road ahead. Please only speak with the driver when it is absolutely necessary to do so.
- A valid ticket must be carried when travelling on board. Centaur employees are authorised to require proof of identification, so please carry suitable identification at all times. Without a valid ticket, Centaur staff have the authority to charge you for your journey, or request that you leave the vehicle.
- Luggage - Lightweight personal items such as rucksacks or laptop bags should be stowed in the overhead racks of the vehicle. Luggage should not be placed on empty seats (which should be kept clear for boarding passengers) or placed in the gangway and/or adjacent to the emergency exit. Please ensure that when stowing an item in an overhead rack it is secure. Unsecured items may move in transit and potentially fall, causing injury. For your comfort, large items of luggage (not exceeding 20kg) should be placed in the hold. Please speak to your driver who will assist you in stowing such items - do not attempt to stow them yourself.
- All passengers are required to wear a seatbelt by law. For your own safety, we kindly ask you to wear your seatbelt whenever seated. Failure to do so could lead to a £30 fixed penalty fine issued by authorities, which can increase to a maximum of £500 if the case goes to court.
- Passengers are requested to familiarise themselves with the emergency exits on board the vehicles.
- Centaur employees are authorised to instruct any passengers acting in an antisocial manner to disembark from the vehicle. Such behaviour includes irresponsible consumption of alcohol, drunken, threatening or abusive behaviour or language, undue noise from any instrument, radio, personal audio player or recording device and excessive or noisy use of mobile phones. With this in mind, we respectfully request all passengers to be sensitive to the fact that what may appear, and be intended, as a humorous remark or joke, may be perceived as offensive, or even intimidatory, especially if relating to another’s personal appearance, clothing, manner of speech, accent, sex, race, creed or any individual aspect of a person’s character.
- In the interest of safety, passengers are requested to remain seated while the vehicle is in motion.
- First aid kit and fire extinguishers are carried on board all vehicles and are for emergency use only.
- Animals are not permitted on our vehicles, other than assistance animals. Passengers planning to travel with an assistance animal must contact us in advance, so we can best assist their needs.