Let’s make every journey enjoyable, together
We believe that every journey should be as comfortable as possible. We’ve compiled this guide over years of customer feedback and ask every passenger to respect these suggestions. If you have anything to add, feel free to contact us.
- For the safety of customers and colleagues, face coverings are compulsory onboard all of our commuter services.
- Please do not travel if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please avoid unnecessary interaction with our drivers while boarding and alighting the coach.
- Where possible, please choose a seat that isn't situated directly adjacent to another seated customer.
- It is not possible to stand on our coaches. All customers must be seated.
- Please regularly use hand sanitiser.
- Please note that cash is no longer accepted on board our services. Please purchase a mobile ticket in advance or use contactless payment onboard.
- Luggage - Lightweight personal items such as rucksacks or laptop bags should be stowed in the overhead racks of the vehicle. Bags should not be placed on empty seats (which should be kept clear for boarding passengers) or placed in the gangway or adjacent to the emergency exit. Please ensure that when stowing an item in an overhead rack, it is secure. Unsecured objects may move in transit and potentially fall, causing injury. For your comfort and safety, large luggage items must be placed in the luggage hold. Please speak to your driver who will assist you in stowing such items - do not attempt to stow them yourself. The maximum luggage weight per person is 20kg.
- All passengers are required to wear a seatbelt by law. We kindly ask you to wear your seatbelt whenever seated for your safety. Failure to do so could lead to a £30 fixed penalty fine issued by authorities, which can increase to a maximum of £500 if the case goes to court.
- Passengers are requested to familiarise themselves with the emergency exits on board the vehicles.
- Centaur employees are authorised to instruct any passengers acting in an antisocial manner to disembark from the vehicle. Such behaviour includes irresponsible consumption of alcohol, drunken, threatening or abusive behaviour or language, undue noise from any instrument, radio, personal audio player or recording device and excessive or noisy use of mobile phones. With this in mind, we respectfully request all passengers to be sensitive to the fact that what may appear and be intended, as a humorous remark or joke, may be perceived as offensive or even intimidatory, especially if relating to another’s personal appearance, clothing, manner of speech, accent, sex, race, creed or any individual aspect of a person’s character.
- In the interest of safety, passengers are requested to remain seated while the vehicle is in motion.
- First aid kits and fire extinguishers are carried onboard all vehicles and only for emergency use.
- Animals are not permitted on our vehicles, other than assistance animals. Passengers planning to travel with an assistance animal must contact us in advance to ensure we can best assist with your needs.
- Smoking is not permitted on any Centaur vehicle at any time.
- Passengers who wish to sleep must ensure they do not obstruct any spare seats by storing belongings on them or by sleeping in the aisle seat next to an empty window seat.
- Please keep the use of mobile phones to a minimum. Telephone conversations should be conducted quietly, and phones put on silent/vibrate mode so as not to disturb other passengers.
- Please try to keep conversation to a respectable level so as not to disturb those who may wish to sleep on board.
- For the comfort of everyone onboard the coach, passengers are asked to refrain from consuming food or drink with a pungent smell.
- When using the recline function on your seat, please be considerate, and ensure you are not impeding the comfort of the passenger behind you.
- Please help us make boarding as quick as possible by having your mobile ticket or a form of contactless payment ready to present to the driver.
- Passengers should not distract the driver while the vehicle is in motion and should keep conversations with the driver to a minimum. Your driver is responsible for the safety of all those on board the vehicle and must be allowed to concentrate on the road ahead. Please only speak with the driver when it is absolutely necessary to do so.
- A valid ticket is required to board the coach. If you do not have access to a mobile ticket, you will be required to purchase a Single or Day Return ticket via contactless payment from the driver.
- Centaur employees are authorised to require proof of identification to ensure the security of a ticket, so please carry suitable identification at all times.